Also Known As:
Asian Ginseng, Asiatic Ginseng, Chinese Ginseng, Ginseng, Ginseng Asiatique, Ginseng Radix, Ginseng Root, Jintsam, Ninjin, Oriental Ginseng, Panax Ginseng, Radix Ginseng Rubra, Ren Shen, Renshen, Renxian, Sang, Seng, White Ginseng.
What is Panax ginseng? What is it used for?
Panax ginseng is considered the "king of all herbs" in many countries. The scientific name of the herb (panax ginseng) is derived from the Greek words pan (all) and akos (cure), meaning that the root is a sort of panacea.
Panax ginseng is very similar in appearance to its American and Siberian counterparts. Mature plants consist of stems thatgrow from a main root; each stem contains palm-shaped leaves with greenish-white flowers and red berries. The root of the plant is used medicinally.
Ginseng has been classified as an antioxidant, helping to destroy free radicals and reduce their negative effects. The root contains substances called ginsenosides, which stimulate the immune system and fight fatigue and stress. Several dozen studies have shown that ginseng enhances physical and mental performance and improves mood and metabolic function. Other studies suggest ginseng can provide a wealth of benefits, including: improved blood cholesterol; lowered liver toxicity; lowered blood sugar levels; improved blood oxygen flow; control of asthma and other respiratory diseases; and enhanced stamina.
Properties: SWEET, BITTER - WARM
How much Asian ginseng should I take?
The recommended dose of Panax ginseng is 1-2 grams fresh root; 0.6-2 grams dried root. Patients using ginseng to improve mental or physical performance should take doses in cycles of 15-20 days, followed by a two-week break.
(1) cooked serving. Ginseng into 2cm slices will be placed in jars, fill water, sealed disk. 4-5 hours can be steamed cooked in vinegar and placed in use.
(2) chewing.2-3 tablets containing ginseng to ponder over in population, health-refreshing, stomach and delicious.
(3) mills. Ginseng flowers into powder to day swallowing tea. Will be attended thinly sliced, or on a low flame before pouring, prepared with water, so it can use to build five minutes later.
(4) island.Will be thinly sliced ginseng root into a jar full use of the liquor soaked 50-60.
(5) heat food. Ginseng is often accompanied by a bitter taste in food, and if people lean meat, chicken, fish, cooked meals together, remove bitterness.